Student Position: Festival Coordinator, Comedy Country
Prince Edward County, ON
Dates: July 3 – Aug. 31, 2018
$16/hr, 30 hrs/wk
Comedy Country is a summer-long comedy series in Prince Edward County, featuring some of Canada’s funniest stand-up, improv and sketch comedians. The Festival Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and Producer to support the festival with a variety of event production tasks. The Student will play a key role in implementing the festival and will interact with audience members, volunteers, artists, venues, suppliers and partners throughout the placement.
Specific tasks include:
- Working with a team of volunteers to set up and deliver all audience services at the performance venue (concessions, box office, surveying, etc.),
- Assisting the festival performers by attending rehearsals, setup and tear-down of venues, facilitating hospitality, travel and accommodations arrangements, operating the lighting and/or sound board at performances,
- Representing the festival and providing information at community events such as farmers’ markets and other cultural events,
- Coordinating the workshop series by facilitating registrations, setting up workshop spaces, welcoming attendees and reporting on workshop statistics,
- Delivering and picking up supplies, rentals and equipment,
- Distributing promotional materials and sponsor packages throughout the Bay of Quinte Region,
- Providing administrative support the organization (filing, reporting etc.).
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Interest in performing arts, hospitality, tourism, arts management, events planning, marketing or communications,
- Knowledge of cloud-based technology (Google docs, Dropbox),
- Must hold a current driver’s license and have access to a vehicle,
- This job requires some heavy lifting; must be able to lift 50 lbs,
- Personal qualities that would serve you well in this position include: organizational skills, a can-do attitude, creative thinking, a keen sense of responsibility and accountability, a great sense of humour and love of comedy!
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Student position qualification:
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program, and in order to qualify you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment,
- Must have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year,
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
How to apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by JUNE 15th. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are interested in this position specifically, and let us know something that made you laugh recently!